Connect with me. Track your miles. Be encouraged by sweaty sarcastic people.
- Half Madness Half MarathonAugust 25th, 20133 months to go.
- Quad Cities MarathonSeptember 22nd, 20134 months to go.
- Brewers Mini MarathonSeptember 28th, 20134 months to go.
- Monumental MarathonNovember 2nd, 20135 months to go.
Top Posts & Pages
- Today's Numberz: A scramble to find my next 26.2
- Race Recap: 2013 Rockford 10k and a second place age-group finish
- Today's Numberz: 7:15 min/mile pace for a Boston Marathon qualifying time
- Today's Numberz: 120 feet at 60 miles per hour
- Today's Numberz: 3 unique marathon event ideas
- Today's Numberz: 35 degrees and 50 degrees (aka "Go away, Spring")
Tag Archives: racing
I’ve already achieved quite a few of my running goals for the year: PR and break 1:40 in a half marathon PR and break 3:50 in a full marathon Run my first 10k in more than 25 years (a late … Continue reading
It’s been more than 25 years since I’ve run a 10k (heck, I was still in seventh grade, I think). So while I have a lot of rituals for half marathons and marathons, I don’t really have any for a … Continue reading
Having already broken my half marathon goal time for the year (sub 1:40) and having PR’d at the Illinois Marathon twelve days ago (3:47:02), my running motivation has been lacking. And my remaining race schedule is up in the air … Continue reading
Friday We made it down to Champaign in plenty of time to take it easy before heading over to the Expo at ARC on the University of Illinois campus. While my wife and I both attended and I was a … Continue reading
Woo-hoo!! New marathon PR by 5:46. Official result of 3:47:02! Recap to come in the coming days. (Summary: Totally chilled on the pace. Stayed with the 3:45 pace group through mile 21 and then faded off the pace a bit. … Continue reading
The summary of my marathon race strategy for the Illinois Marathon this Saturday: Don’t be stupid and go too fast for the first 20 miles. And now for the details: I’ve only run three marathons. In my most recent one … Continue reading