Connect with me. Track your miles. Be encouraged by sweaty sarcastic people.
- Rockford 10KMay 19th, 2013
- Half Madness Half MarathonAugust 25th, 20133 months to go.
- Brewers Mini MarathonSeptember 28th, 20134 months to go.
- Monumental MarathonNovember 2nd, 20135 months to go.
Top Posts & Pages
- Race Recap: 2013 Rockford 10k and a second place age-group finish
- Today's Numberz: 7 whirlwind days, and too many early mornings
- Today's Numberz: 120 feet at 60 miles per hour
- Today's Numberz: The grind of running five days per week
- Today's Numberz: 3 goals for the Rockford 10k
- Race Recap: 2013 Christie Clinic Illinois Marathon
Tag Archives: race recap
It’s been more than 25 years since I’ve run a 10k (heck, I was still in seventh grade, I think). So while I have a lot of rituals for half marathons and marathons, I don’t really have any for a … Continue reading
Just wrapped up the 2012 Fox Valley Half Marathon and finished with a 1:42:23. Finally got the cooler temps I’ve been craving for a race day, and it paid off in spades. Also took 2:20 off my previous PR. Becky … Continue reading
Okay, so the race was three weeks ago and I’m just getting around to posting pics. That’s pretty much the story of my blogging this year. But…here’s the 2012 Half Madness Marathon in pics–all taken by my wonderful wife, Rebecca, … Continue reading
Two years ago, the 2009 “The Fox and The Turkey” Thanksgiving 4-miler was Becky’s first race after she had started running. That quickly led to her first half marathon and first marathon within a year. Having started to run after … Continue reading
The 2011 Fox Valley Marathon in pictures… Click for my full race recap of the 2011 Fox Valley Marathon.
To fight my anxiety on the eve of the 2011 Fox Valley Marathon (only my second marathon ever), Becky and I rented the movie Limitless. Was hoping the title would pay off in some symbolic way. Not the world’s greatest … Continue reading