Connect with me. Track your miles. Be encouraged by sweaty sarcastic people.
- Half Madness Half MarathonAugust 25th, 20133 months to go.
- Quad Cities MarathonSeptember 22nd, 20134 months to go.
- Brewers Mini MarathonSeptember 28th, 20134 months to go.
- Monumental MarathonNovember 2nd, 20135 months to go.
Top Posts & Pages
- Race Recap: 2013 Rockford 10k and a second place age-group finish
- Today's Numberz: A scramble to find my next 26.2
- Today's Numberz: 7 whirlwind days, and too many early mornings
- Today's Numberz: 7:15 min/mile pace for a Boston Marathon qualifying time
- Today's Numberz: 120 feet at 60 miles per hour
- Today's Numberz: 3 unique marathon event ideas
Tag Archives: half marathon
I’ve already achieved quite a few of my running goals for the year: PR and break 1:40 in a half marathon PR and break 3:50 in a full marathon Run my first 10k in more than 25 years (a late … Continue reading
It’s been more than 25 years since I’ve run a 10k (heck, I was still in seventh grade, I think). So while I have a lot of rituals for half marathons and marathons, I don’t really have any for a … Continue reading
Having already broken my half marathon goal time for the year (sub 1:40) and having PR’d at the Illinois Marathon twelve days ago (3:47:02), my running motivation has been lacking. And my remaining race schedule is up in the air … Continue reading
A friend of Becky’s has been looking for a chance to run her first half marathon, and the two of them got together and settled on the 2013 Brewers Mini Marathon in Milwaukee. It will be the races’s second year, … Continue reading
It’s official. Today’s my 3-year anniversary of starting to run and race as an adult (after doing some track and road races in grade school a loooong time ago). And Saturday’s Illinois Marathon PR was the perfect way to cap … Continue reading
The Half Madness Half Marathon in Batavia, IL is one of my favorite races each year. It was my first ever half marathon (and first race as an adult) back in the fall of 2010. And it’s also a sentimental … Continue reading
Friday We made it down to Champaign in plenty of time to take it easy before heading over to the Expo at ARC on the University of Illinois campus. While my wife and I both attended and I was a … Continue reading